Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change Ignition Switch on an 89-91 Blazer S-10?

The key was stolen, so I have to replace the ignition to be able to start it. I don't have a clue how to do this. All I know is that you have to take the steering column apart.



Has anyone ever done this and could give me step by step instructions?



OR



Does anyone know of a website where I can find the instructions?



ThanksHow to change Ignition Switch on an 89-91 Blazer S-10?
do you have tools? mostly common sockets. will also need to buy or rent a lockplate compressor and a steering wheel/ damper puller. need a snapring pliers and a set of torx bits. If you have al this or can get it, email me. I'll walk you through it. its 11 pm. I'm not going to write a book now. I could do this blindfolded, really. Do you have AAA? a mobile locksmith can make you a key for free or a small fee and less aggrevation, unless the key cylinder is broken in which case you need to replace it.How to change Ignition Switch on an 89-91 Blazer S-10?
try giving the VIN to the dealer, they might be able to make oneHow to change Ignition Switch on an 89-91 Blazer S-10?
Yes you do have to remove the steering wheel and disassemble part of the column. I don't know of any web sites that you can get it from free.



Go to Autozone and get a Haynes manual it is about $20.00.





ASE Master Tech. 27 YearsHow to change Ignition Switch on an 89-91 Blazer S-10?
By the way, if you don't have the key, you won't be able to unlock the tumbler.

Call a locksmith!